Now that March Madness is over, here is a compilation of Accounting jokes to get you through the final days of Tax Season….
- Welcome to the accounting department, where everybody counts.
- Ever wonder why they call it a Form 1040? For every $50 you earn, you get $10, they get $40.
- It’s an accrual world.
- It’s 4:04. Do you know where your auditor is?
- Where do homeless accountants live? In a tax shelter.
- A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
- How do you know you have a great CPA? He has a tax loophole named after him.
- What do you call an accountant with an opinion? An auditor.
- An accountant is someone who solves a problem you didn’t know you had in a way you don’t understand.
- How many accountants does it take to change a light bulb? How much money do you have?
- How does Santa’s accountant value his sleigh? Net Present Value.
- What do accountants suffer from that ordinary people don’t? Depreciation.
- Why are accountants always so calm, composed, and methodical? They have strong internal controls.
- Be audit you can be.
- What do you call a financial controller who always works through lunch, takes two days holiday every two years, is in the office every weekend, and leaves every night after 10 p.m.? Lazy.
- What do you call a trial balance that doesn’t balance? A late night.
- An economist is someone who didn’t have enough personality to become an accountant.
- Why do economists exist? So accountants have someone to laugh at.
- What’s the difference between an accountant and a lawyer? The accountant knows he’s boring.
- Did you know the IRS now offers a tax credit on the purchase of marijuana? You just have to file a joint return.
- How can you tell when the chief accountant is getting soft? When he actually listens to marketing before saying no.
- What’s an actuary? An accountant without a sense of humor.
- What do actuaries do to liven up their office party? Invite an accountant.
- Four Laws of Accounting:
- Trial balances don’t.
- Bank reconciliations never do.
- Working capital does not.
- Return on investments never will.