After many weeks of long hours, it is just about time to close the books on the 2018 Busy Season, take a much-needed deep breath and celebrate.
If your firm is still trying to figure out a way to express its gratitude toward all of the hard work that your staff has tirelessly dedicated, here are a few ideas…
- Plan A Day Outing: After spending so much time in the office, getting away from the office is probably a great idea. Plan a team outing to an aquarium, museum, zoo, arcade, or a ball game.
- Plan A Night Out: An off-site dinner or happy hour is always a hit. Finding a themed restaurant (i.e. karaoke or line dancing) can definitely add to the fun!
- Give Everyone An Extra Day Off: Yes, we all have our allotted vacation days, but sometimes an extra day off, preferably a Monday or a Friday, is just what is needed to get re-energized!
- A Gift Card Grab Bag: Just like at during the Holidays! Throw a bunch of gift cards in a bag and let your employees take a pick.
- Bring The Fun To The Office: If getting out of the office isn’t possible, then bring some fun to the office. Have a food truck and an ice cream truck set-up shop for a few hours outside your office. Bring in some masseuses, manicurists and estheticians and offer massages, facials and manicures to your staff.
- Say Thank You: The words “Thank You” are much more powerful and underused than you think and they go a very long way!
Wishing everyone an easy end to Tax Season and a much deserved celebration after!